banner2.gif (86179 bytes)

schedule-button-orange.gif (4127 bytes)
results-photos-button-orange.gif (4825 bytes)
teamhistory-button-orange.gif (4401 bytes)
theteam-button-orange.gif (3918 bytes)
ssponsors-button-orange.gif (4022 bytes)
contact-button-orange.gif (3334 bytes)

150w-DSC_2187.jpg (15665 bytes)

200-PASS-DSC_6273.jpg (9492 bytes)

150-DSC_2190.jpg (13038 bytes)

500-corey_chad_show.jpg (60821 bytes)

Corey & Chad


9th at the Fall Brawl

A finish of 9th in the 150 lap Fall Brawl at Wiscasset Raceway that brings the
PASS North SLM season to a close. The 77 faced the same lack of grip and no outside lane that challenged all the racers attempting to move through the field. 

27th at the PASS 300

At the longest challenge of the PASS season, Scott and the #77 posted a pull- away win in Heat 1 to earn the pole for the 300 lap feature.

At the green the #77 moved into the lead and then swapped the top three spots with Bill Rogers and Trevor Sanborn. But about lap 20, a spark plug wire was burned through and the #77 lost its edge. Scott began to fall though the field to mid-pack but battled on.

With the motor getting weaker, 38 laps from the end the decision was made to keep the car in one piece and pull it behind the pit barrier. The final scoring showed the #77 in 27th place.

Sunday, August 17th

4th at the Tundra 250


The Hight Motorsports team returned to All-Star Speedway to complete the 200 lapper rained out on June 28th. Starting from 5th, Scott was right in the middle of a hard fought, hard hitting contest. After missing a series of incidents, Scott was finally put out when lapped car spun in the middle of the back straight while running with the front pack. The #77 rode up over its nose and damaged the right front a-arms and suspension. Next up for Hight Motorsports in the Tundra 250 at Wiscasset on August 17th, a Sunday.
Photos by

Scott Dominates 7/5 Race,
But has to Settle for Third

Photos by Chris Roy and Jamie Williams
The Hight Motorsports team went into Beech Ridge for the PASS Fire Cracker 150 ready to race after being rained out the week before at All-Star Speedway with what they believed to be a fast car.

Scott rolled onto the track with the third heat, in the 4th starting position. He worked his way up to 2nd but ran out of time to reel in young Derek Ramstrom and settled for the 2nd place finish.

The Hight Motorsports Chevy rolled out onto the starting grid for the 150 lap feature in the 6th position. After a couple of early cautions Scott was able to get into a rhythm and quickly moved up into the 2nd position. He followed on the rear bumper of Adam Bates for a few laps before he made his move around the outside, into the lead. Scott quickly pulled away putting at times an entire straight away lead between himself and Bates and Ramstrom who fought for 2nd. The race stayed green for almost 100 laps as Chubbuck lapped much of the field, well up into the top 10.

Around lap 110 the caution flag waved for Ben Rowe as his night ended in the backstretch wall. Ramstrom lined up on the outside of Scott, but mechanical problems sent him to pit road just before the green flag came back out. That moved Bates to the outside, which was the preferred groove. On the restart he was able to work his way around Scott. A side by side battle ensued as Scott was able to drive underneath Bates every lap, but was unable to get enough grip off the corner to complete the pass. The two put on a great show for the fans as they battled side by side for many laps without touching.

The caution flag flew again at lap 141 setting the stage for a 9 lap shootout, with Scott restarting on the outside of Bates. The initial restart was waved off at the last minute for a car stalled leaving pit road. On the second try Scott spun his tires coming to the green, he made a great save, but it opened the door for DJ Shaw to get by him. Scott caught right back up to Bates and Shaw and the three ran nose to tail for the remaining laps as no one could make a move at the bottom of the race track.

The team leaves Beech Ridge happy with the third place finish and proud of Scott for a great run and his dominating performance throughout most of the race. The next race on the schedule will be the make-up event at All-Star Speedway on July 30th.
Speed51 Race Report by Mike Twist HERE

8th Place in the Rain Shortened "98"

After a 5 week break that included 4 days of testing, and 2 rained out events, the Hight Motorsports team finally got on the race track for a race Sunday at Wiscasset Raceway.

Scott started 6th in the third heat race. He quickly moved up to 2nd place behind Johnny Clark. The yellow came out with 4 laps to go for a spinning car on the front stretch. Chubbuck had a near perfect restart while Clark on the inside spun his tires allowing Scott to clear him going into turn one and sail away for the heat race win.

PASS officials did a great job to shuffle the schedule of events to start the race early, as they knew bad weather was coming. The Hight Motorsports Chevrolet started 3rd, with Kelly Moore and Adam Bates the only cars to start ahead of Chubbuck. As the green flag dropped, Chubbuck worked his way around the inside of Bates and rode in 2nd place. Only a few laps into the race a car spun in turn 1 forcing the field to dodge it as they came around the track, the green flag stayed out, and Scott lost a position as a result. Soon after that near miss, a caution came out, and Scott moved back into second place on the restart. He was hot on the tracks of leader Kelly Moore when another caution came out for an altercation further back in the field.

Restarting from the outside of the front row, Chubbuck had another flawless restart and capitalized on Moore spinning his tires to take the lead around lap 40. He led for 3 laps before getting spun by Kelly Moore entering turn three. The altercation left both drivers restarting from the back of the pack.

Scott kept his cool and worked his way back into the top ten without any cautions. A late caution helped him pick up 2 more spots before the rain began to fall at lap 98. Unfortunately the rain did not let up, and forced the race to be called short. It was a disappointment, as it looked like given another 25 laps Scott had a car that could have gotten back into the top 5.

The team leaves Wiscasset with heads held high and eager for the next race this Saturday, June 28th at All-Star Speedway.

8th Place in the 125 Lap PASS Qualifier

Hard fought battle to an 8th place finish at Wiscasset in the first of the 125 qualifiers leading to the big 250 in August.

Scott started on the inside of the third row and ran in the top five fighting with
Ben Rowe, Adam Bates, Travis Benjamin, and Cassius Clark for most of the race. The front runners showcased tight clean racing while the mid to tail cars brought out the nine cautions. Towards the end DJ Shaw and Kelly Moore slipped by the #77.

Photos by

2nd Place at Wiscasset Raceway on
Opening Day Saturday, May 10th

The Hight Motorsports team decided to participate in a live test session on May 10th at Wiscasset Raceway’s opening day Pro-Stock race. The team used the day to prepare the car for the May 18th PASS 125 race.

Driver Scott Chubbuck took an 8th place starting position in the second heat. He passed a few cars and on a couple of occasions did an amazing job steering through spinning cars to take the lead and the win in the heat race.

Starting 2nd in the 23 car featured, Chubbuck battled on the outside of Chuck LaChance for nearly 20 laps. On a restart Johnny Clark was able to sneak by both Chubbuck and LaChance to take the lead. Travis Benjamin also got by Chubbuck, but would fall victim to the tech shack in post race inspection.

The 2nd place finish was quite remarkable considering Chubbuck drove the majority of race with no front brakes. The race proved to be a valuable experience for the Hight Motorsports team as they were able to diagnose this major brake problem.

This weekend Chubbuck will look to break his string of four consecutive 2nd place finishes as Wiscasset Raceway with a win in the PASS 125 race. Racing goes green at 2 PM on Sunday, May 18th.




Photos by

A Strong Performance to Build On

Scott Chubbuck gave new team sponsor Hight Ford Mercury of Skowhegan and the entire Hight Motorsports team a great start to the season at the PASS 150 at Beech Ridge this past weekend. Despite drawing the worst possible starting position for the heat race, Chubbuck made his way to the front of the heat in short order. After passing a few cars and avoiding a spin in the early laps Scott cruised to a 2nd place finish in the heat race behind Scott Mulkern.

Chubbuck started the feature 6th on the 31 car field. The car was good early, with Scott riding in the top 5 for much of the first half of the race. Around halfway the handling began to get worse as a push developed. The car faded back to about 8th, because Scott made a late race run towards the front. After a series of restarts the Hight Motorsports Impala SS worked its way to 3rd place with about 10 laps to go. With hot tires the car began to fade again as others made their late race charges to the front. Scott held on for a 7th place finish.

The team was excited to come out of the race with a solid top ten finish and hope to build on it as they head to Speedway 95 on Saturday, May 3rd, for the next PASS North Super Late Model race.

The #77 Impala SS for 2008

The Hight Motorsports team has been busy preparing the car for the 2008 race season. The Impala SS came back from Junior Hanley’s about a month ago with a new body and several chassis updates. After returning from Ontario, the car went to Rumford to Erik Designs for graphics.

The last couple weekends have been spent putting the motor in and preparing the rest of the car and equipment for opening day April 19th at Beech Ridge for the PASS North season opener. Stay tuned to the site for more updates in the weeks to come!


E550_NLM2580.jpg (37696 bytes)


masthead.gif (62035 bytes)
29 Madison Ave.    Skowhegan, ME   -   (207) 474-3371   -

400w-DSC_2306.jpg (52972 bytes)


Hit Counter